Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tightrope


Sometimes I feel like Im not moving anywhere. How do we progress in life, make a change. Is it sudden, or will it continue at a static pace that we call reality.

I have been inspired to paint again. My paintings usually consist of layers of my past. I use canvases that once held one painting, and paint over it and start again. I combine paint stripper to tear away at what once was, and then create anew. I feel that this gives me freedom from attachment. It is the process. It is how you go about your action that is the art. The piece may not turn out beautiful, but then again, we all have our own definition of that.

I think that this is a good tool to use in life. I am looking to progress in my career, humanitarian work and art. Sometimes I feel as if I'm moving backward, and sometimes I feel I have stepped over the edge. Is there an end to progress.



Tightrope, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment