Wednesday, February 12, 2014

childs play

One of my favorite artists, and best exhibits I have yet seen, was a Damien Hirst exhibit at the Tate in London a few years ago.  The space he created was tangible, and the ideas drew an emotional response from the crowd. It created questions that you didnt know could exist, I enjoyed and appreciated that. A tactile environment where we become the subjects ourselves draws the term art of participation. 

I came across this article on him today here.   I agree at the end how he talked about how adults are more timid and kids will just throw the paint around. I think in my painting  I used to be an adult and now became a big kid. I look forward to the day I have a room to fill and install something that can create more questions than answers. 

I enjoy the way he thinks like a child, explores and creates the absurd. Below is a photo I snuck at his exhibit of a cow head being eaten by flies, along with a first layer of new work I am creating with no restrictions.


             Damien Hirst Exhibit, 2013

Trampoline,  2014 






No comments:

Post a Comment