Sunday, March 14, 2010

Projections


One of the reasons I love art, is the illusion of it. I remember when I first went to art school, and realized that other artists used projectors to draw images. I felt cheated on. I had never considered that before. I had perfected my drawing skills for a reason.....and I began to think, did I need that. With technology these days, it makes it more of a science than an art. I couldn't believe people used projectors, then years later.....I found myself developing the same habit.


Its what photography is coming to be. I have attached two photos, that were true to my camera. However, I had changed the settings, and made them blurry and develop how they are. I enjoy them because they remind me of a painting. Yet, its not a true photo, so I cant speak of it like it is.

Is there any truth in art? Or, do we just use it as an expression of how we feel. And, if the viewer isn't present, can they feel its meaning.






No comments:

Post a Comment