Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cheerios

Welcome to my new blog, Heaven in a Wild Place. Here I am hoping to discuss world views, create weekly photo essays, and tell some funny stories in between. I have an absolute love for photojournalism, travel, and learning about new cultures and ideas. This excites me, moves me, and inspires my work.

A man recently wrote about me on mixx.com, and said there is nothing beautiful about one of my photos... http://www.mixx.com/stories/8881479/travel_photo_of_the_day. The truth be told, I agree that many times I look at this photo and think, what a crazy messed up place we live in! How, and when, are we going to solve these problems...is there ever an answer? So, i hope that here we can generate discussions around this, create a mind map, and have a couple Cheerios.

A photo that keeps me going, everyday, is my favorite girl in the whole world, Vikki...I was her nurse in Guatemala, and I think of her everyday. I remember this day as if it was yesterday, and I always wish I was there tomorrow. She is my heaven in this wild place.


Vikki, Xela Guatemala, Feb 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment