Friday, November 13, 2009

Counterparts

Life Story, San Francisco, 2009

I am currently fascinated with the negative spaces between people, the distance that we allow and let in. Recently I have been attempting to capture this with the camera. This space, to me, supports the frame of the picture. The negative holds the weight, the underlying story. It can create tension, movement, and question what is or is not present. If you think about it, the negative is in a sense the most positive aspect of the picture.

I guess as in anything, we must rely on its counterpart to tell the entire truth of the story. For example, my photo, Life Story, was taken at the Dia de los Muertos parade in SF. I think about this space between the subjects. The negative here, is really showing the solidness of the family, and the positive of being a whole.



Pace, San Francisco, 2009


















No comments:

Post a Comment