Saturday, August 30, 2014

Chain Reaction


Painting again recently, I'm tempted to write about my Vikki as it is what spurs my inspiration to do what I do in painting and in life.  Many times people ask for what is behind my paintings and work I do with others. It's a lot of life experiences, but I feel like Vikki is the rock and my long term reaction. 

Vikki and I met when I was in northern Guatemala. Strong girl, happy spirit and wonderful being.  She was at an orphanage medical clinic where I was working when I met her. Abandoned and abused, I took care of her the best I could. Her 3 year old body was a mess, her back she could barely move. Every morning I would wake up and take the bus ride to see her and others. Her and I had a special connection that I will never forget. When I arrived it was heartwarming the big hugs she gave and how happy she was.  She was very sick and I knew she did not have long.  We still managed to have a lot of fun. 

She passed a little after I left that trip. This experience spearheaded my life goals and mission. It has made me the strongest person I can be. I believe we have angels, and she's my heaven in this wild place.  

Never forget- Do work that you love, and you will never work another day in your life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment